Wednesday, August 10, 2011

"Well, that's one way to go about it....."

Yesterday, a friend and I began talking about mixed drinks, just out of the blue. He was naming the usual suspects, and asking what I thought of them. After a while, I 'fessed up that I really don't drink anything but Champagne nowadays, preferably PINK champagne. :P
He said, "Hmmm, let me get my Tiki Book of Drinks, and see if there is one that includes Champagne." He could not find one, much to our disappointment.
"You'll just have to invent one!" he announced. That got me thinking...
"Ok, how about, Champagne, Pineapple..."
"And a touch of Grenadine!" he finished.
"Yes! that's it! Now we just have to name it. How about, The Sunny Music?
"The Sunny Muse!" he decided.
And there it was. "You'll have to mix it up and tell what you think." he said. I said, "Yep, on the next grocery run, I'll get the ingredients and let you know." "And I know a couple of bartenders..." he said.
"Wow, and here I always thought I'd become known for my writing, not a mixed drink!" We had a good laugh.
Will keep you updated on this most serious situation. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment